Fire Sprinkler Inspector – Miami
Wiginton Fire Systems is seeking certified Fire Alarm Inspectors for its Miami office.
- Test and inspect, commercial fire-alarm systems within assigned buildings.
- Ensure required equipment and materials are on site for effective and safe testing and inspection.
- Identify and report problems or discrepancies found in the systems you inspect.
- Complete required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations using Building Reports.
- Follow and maintain highly structured inspection schedules.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
- Complete service ticket documentation before leaving the customer site.
- Provide instruction to customer personnel regarding proper system operation and routine inspections.
- Interact with the building owner or building engineer before, during, and following completion of the testing process.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with all inspections and testing.
- Review reports and initiates next steps as necessary.
- Follow all local, corporate, and OSHA safety procedures and policies.
- Complete assigned training and certification within the required time frames.
- Main train or assist less experienced colleagues on the job.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Experience, Education, and Skills Required
- High school diploma or GED
- Three plus years’ experience servicing, fire alarm, access control, and security systems with basic understanding of electronics, wiring, local and national codes
- Ability to transport equipment and tools weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, with ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 30 feet.
- Ability to manage large inspections efficiently.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to operate company vehicles.
401(k) W/ matching
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
22 Years of Service
What inspired you to seek growth within this company?
Wanting to be the best I can be. If I’m going to do something, I want to be the best at it.
What is it about this company you enjoy most?
Definitely the people and opportunity the company provides. You work as a team caring for one another’s success.