Fire Sprinkler Designer (Experienced) – Tampa
Wiginton Fire Systems is looking for qualified candidates to fill the Experienced Designer position in its Tampa Office.
This position is open to experienced candidates only. To qualify, you must have a minimum of 2 years of fire sprinkler experience with a design/build fire sprinkler contractor.
Freelance or contract arrangements will NOT be considered. We are looking for people who want to grow with us and be a part of the future.
At Wiginton Corporation, every employee is a valued owner. Our company has been thriving for over 55 years, with multiple locations throughout the Southeast. We provide comprehensive benefits, competitive salaries, and ample opportunities for growth. Our core values include hard work, innovation, and enjoying our work. Take the first step in building your career with us, rather than simply applying for another job.
A Designer is responsible to produce design-related documents to ensure the scope of the fire protection system is fully communicated to our installation personnel at the assigned job site. He/she performs design work and also directs the work of others as assigned.
Experience, Education, and General Background Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of materials, tools, equipment, and procedures used in the installation and design processes, plus a working knowledge of NFPA Standards.
- Mental stamina and ability to perform laborious and repetitive work for extended hours, including overtime up to 25 hours per week, if necessary.
- Good communication, training, and planning skills. Sense of pride, integrity, and organizational ability. Must enjoy working independently and with others.
- Experience with HydraCAD/ Auto CAD software.
- Minimum of 2 years of fire sprinkler experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet all Insurance Carrier requirements.
21 Years of Service
What inspired you to seek growth within this company?
The encouragement of management and hearing their story of success within the company inspired me.
What is it about this company you enjoy most?
I tell everyone that you are not a number here. We are family.